Neurodermatitis and Eczema Discussion
November 26, 2014, 05:58:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Neurodermatitis  (Read 34300 times)
terred

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2006, 04:00:45 PM »

I'm a bit hesitant about the tanning bed, however if it really helps maybe it is a possibility. Tried a new cream: "Udderwise". That really is the name and it seems to be helping. Have you tried this?
scpost

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2006, 07:36:54 PM »

I'm a bit hesitant about the tanning bed, however if it really helps maybe it is a possibility. Tried a new cream: "Udderwise". That really is the name and it seems to be helping. Have you tried this?

http://www.neurodermatitis.com/index.php/topic,122.0.html
terred

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2006, 09:21:56 AM »

blink WOW! I never would have believed it. I intend to tell my hubby when he gets home. Thanks!
Susan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2006, 06:38:58 PM »

blink WOW! I never would have believed it. I intend to tell my hubby when he gets home. Thanks!

DON'T go tanning if you use Protopic or Elidel. It is not a good combination.

Susan
terred

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2006, 07:22:53 PM »

:embarassed: Well, that wipes out the tanning booth. Are any of you also insullin dependent diabetics?
tracyf

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2006, 02:40:23 PM »

have you tried lubricating the body from the inside out.  Have you started taking fish oil or flaxseed oil.  Do you have the bumps on the backs of the arms at all this will help that and it means you are low on oil.  Alot of this sort of dermatitis is caused because your adrenals are worn out.  From eating lots of sugary things and foods with lots of additives.  It is alot of work for adrenals to digest these foods.  Try to eat pure foods, eggs, fruit, cheese meats, etc with out any added ingredients and give your adrenals a rest.  Eat smaller meals so they don't have to work so hard also you will be able to figure out what works best for you.  You probably have a food allergy.  When I eat pure food it takes everything away all my itching everything.  Try it and see if it works for you, I hope I helped somebody.

Thanks Tracy
terred

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2006, 08:34:11 PM »

embarrased I'm embarrased to say that I don't know what flax seed is. Don't know where to get it or how much to take. Any help with this will be great!
Dazy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2007, 09:16:38 AM »

I recommend Skin Original from Trusted Health Products (ww.trustedheatlthproducts.com).  It absolutely works - I got neuro from scratching a mosquito bite and from what I have read it is important to break the itch-scratch cycle.  Skin Original stops the itch almost immediately and over time reduces the thickened skin and heals the area - takes time though - but this WORKS. Has its own website - www.skinoriginal.com
dayvid12

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2007, 05:37:57 AM »

I'm a 26 yr. old male.  I've been suffering from Neurodermatitis for about 7 years now.  I tried creams (Spectazol and Cutivate), baby powder with zinc oxide, special soaps, Goldbond medicated anti-itch cream, hydrocortisone...EVERYTHING.  The problem is, I suffer from this in my genital area.  First it was on the scrotum, now its spread to my inner thighs and penis.  I'd glady be a test patient for any new experimental drugs or medical procedures but there isn't enough research out there.  I just ordered Skin Original so we'll see how things go.  Does it really work? 
donna658

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2008, 09:06:38 PM »

I am a newbie to forums. My husband has neurodermatitis and uses clobetasol both liquid and cream. Is there any better way to treat this stuff? Where can I find information on the subject? Thanks!

i use triamcinolone acetonide topically (steroid), i use it sparingly but it does a great job.  i tried protopic but it made my skin break out and i am vain...  i'm still looking for something good for the scalp???  my biggest advice for anyone would be to not use dryer sheet fabric softener, static electricity is a small price to pay to prevent disfigurement.  i am a nursing student and was actually researching a patient's diagnosis, funny that i have neurodermatitis too (eczema) i can't stop scrathing either, drives my boyfriend crazy, he's always telling me to stop scratching.
caitmin

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2008, 11:27:03 AM »

New around here

Really good thread. I especially like the table of ingredients - but didn't recognise some of the brands.

Its amazing whats in some 'hypoallergenic' products - I found another site that compares well known (at least by me) brands and there ingredients but best of all compares childrens products - real eye opener

the site is called www.exederm.com  - they also claim to have America's only parabens-free hydrocortisone cream !!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 01:47:59 PM by admin » Logged
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2008, 01:47:02 PM »

Hi,

New around here

Really good thread. I especially like the table of ingredients - but didn't recognise some of the brands.

Its amazing whats in some 'hypoallergenic' products - I found another site that compares well known (at least by me) brands and there ingredients but best of all compares childrens products - real eye opener

I am glad that you like your own products.

they also claim to have America's only parabens-free hydrocortisone cream !!

What? You don't know your own claims?  Roll Eyes
orangesky

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2008, 10:54:34 PM »

I noticed that my skin improved during a vacation where I was exposed to sun, and tried tanning when I went home.  It helped me quite a bit, but I had to do one of two 15 minute sessions per week.  I'm not too crazy about the being exposed to that much UV rays. 

Washing my skin with Cetaphil has helped prevent my skin from being too dry.  I wash right after a shower, and leave a thin layer of the 'soap' on my skin.

I also take fish oil in the morning, but I'm not sure if it helps my skin problems.  It's healthy anyways...

« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 11:05:02 PM by orangesky » Logged
zip

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2008, 06:36:26 PM »

need some help.  I have intense itching 24/7 only on my arms.  Its been going on for 10 years and getting more intense.  Been to many docs.  Problem is that I don't have any visible signs of rash, psoriasis, leathery skin, bumps...nothing.  Have tried many lotions, prescriptions, steroid creams, change in diet, change in laundry detergents, eliminated dryer sheets. tried allergy pills, anti depressants etc. 
I have tried to be very studious in figuring this out.... methodically eliminating one thing at a time to see if it works.  I just want to know the cause of this weird malady.  Any suggestions? 
Webgirl

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2009, 06:40:09 PM »

Well my doctor sent me to a Dermatologist who gave me me Aerius 5 mg - and Fucicort Kortikosteroid with Antibiotikum - I started using this on the 1st of August and since the last 2 weeks I can sleep for 18 hours a day - always tired - well tomorrow Im going to see my doctor, and find out what the cause is - and my gums are also aching - was lucky enough not to extract any tooth for an elderly lady told me to go to a drug store and fetch a cream for massaging my gums - that was 2 days ago and since then its better. I also had to change my diat - Im a vegetarian anyway but the site I visited http://www.neurodermitis.ch advised me to stop eating fruits - I live in Switzerland - I dont know how it is in the states
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 06:41:41 PM by Webgirl » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: